Thursday 13 October 2016

Script for horror trailer (first draft)


Script for horror trailer


(opening credits)

(Black screen)

Adam: Why is it in horror movies, whenever there’s a ghost, you see it? Kind of defeats the point…doesn’t it?

(following shot of main protagonist walking in a semi-crowded area in the morning, then fade to black)

Adam: I mean, if some supernatural thing was trying to kill you, it would just kill you…right?

(Another following shot of main protagonist walking in a less crowded area later in the day, fade to black again)

Adam: Why would they waste time showing themselves but only slightly to scare you? It doesn’t make sense. That’s why I don’t believe in ghost stories.

(Another following shot of main protagonist alone at dusk walking through a quiet street, fade to black again)

Adam: Maybe it’s just me, but I think if I was a ghost, I’d never let people see me. Not until it was too late anyway.

(Another following shot of main protagonist walking in a quiet street alone, nearing full darkness, fade to black)

Adam: I think the thought of that is much scarier, don’t you? Like whenever you’re walking home alone in the dark and you involuntarily look behind you.

(Another following shot of main protagonist walking in a quiet street alone, full darkness. Fade to black)

Adam: Apparently it’s been scientifically proven that it’s not just paranoia and that feeling is your nervous system alerting you of something intensely focusing on you.

(Another following shot of main protagonist walking through a dark alleyway with no lighting. Fade to black)

Adam: So how come people are more scared of ghosts than that feeling. After all that feeling is real and is warning you of real danger. I don’t know about you but the next time I get that feeling, I’m checking behind me.

(Camera follows main protagonist until the end of the alleyway, then the protagonist turns out of frame to reveal someone standing behind her)

No comments:

Post a Comment